Library Services - Fall 2021
We are excited to be able to welcome you back to campus!
As of August 18, Hekman Library is open to the public, after a summer of extensive updates to the building's HVAC system. Please note that there may be continued disruptions (noise, uneven temperatures) for some time while final project work is wrapped up.
For fall semester, the current status of library services and spaces is:
- The library will follow campus-wide COVID protocol for indoor spaces (currently masks are required, but not social distancing).
- Disinfecting supplies are available upon request.
- No sign-in for individual seating will be required. You can still reserve group study spaces here.
- Special Collections:
- Heritage Hall access will be by appointment-only. Please contact Heritage Hall staff directly for more information.
- Meeter Center - available for walk-in use
- All other floors and areas will be open to the Calvin community and public. (Some areas of 4th floor will still be restricted due to final HVAC clean-up, until August 30.)
- Peet's Coffee will open August 30 (see their hours and info).
If you have questions about other services or library spaces not listed here, please contact us! You can use the chat service on the home page, any of our other research assistance services, or call the main Circulation desk (616-526-7197) to reach library staff.